We are the Windsor Water Rats eXpress swim team. We offer challenges of recreational competition for beginner and intermediate swimmers, as well as USA/USS level swimming for the more serious swimmer.
Thanks for your patience as we undergo some changes.
We hope you find what you need and check back soon!
Registration deadlines for this season are as follows:
- Returning Swimmers: The deadline will be Monday April 17, 2017 (late fee of $25 applies after this date).
- New Swimmer Tryouts will be held on Tuesday May 23 and Thursday May 25 from 5-6 PM at the Windsor High School Pool. Registration and payment are due at tryouts.
WWRX, The Windsor Water Rats eXpress, is a competitive swim program for children between the ages of 5 and 18, offering a wide range of opportunities.
We have multiple practice groups to develop the skills of swimmers from beginning competitive swimming through highly competitive USA level competition.
- The 2017 summer recreational season begins Tuesday, May 30 and runs through August 1.
- Practices and HOME meets are held at Windsor High School indoor pool.
- Summer practices are held Monday -Thursday, swimmers should attend at least two to three practices a week.
- Beginning in July, weekly swim meets are held against area towns.
- At the conclusion of the season league championship meets are held with the other towns in the league, and finally an end of season awards banquet.
- For NEW SWIMMERS, swimmer registration forms and fees are due at tryouts.
NEW SWIMMERS will attend one of the try out sessions at the Windsor High School indoor pool:
Tuesday, May 23 OR Thursday, May 25 from 5-6 PM
New swimmers may register on the night of tryouts.
RETURNING SWIMMERS, swimming registration forms and fees are due by April 17. Please note the early deadline and a $25 late fee..
Please review the form and act soon; the spots fill up quickly after try outs.
For all swimmers, there is a non-refundable $50 administration fee. Other fees are non-refundable after June 1, 207 unless the swimmer develops a doctor diagnosed medical
condition. In this case, fees will be refunded on a pro-rated basis as determined by the WWRX Board.
CLINIC IS FULL--Windsor Water Rats eXpress - STROKE CLINIC Spring 2017--CLINIC IS FULL
THE FIVE WEEK PRE-SEASON STROKE CLINIC RETURNS!
Clinics will be held Monday 6-7 PM, Thursday and Friday from 5-6 PM for weeks 1, 2 and 3
Week 1: Freestyle Apr 17, 20, 21
Week 2: Backstroke Apr 24, 27, 28
Week 3: Butterfly May 1, 4, 5
Clinics will be held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 5-6 PM for weeks 4 and 5
Week 4: Breaststroke May 9, 11, 12
Week 5: Starts & Turns May 16, 18, 19
Location: Windsor High School Pool
Cost: $25 per week (minimum of 2 week signup) $100 for all five weeks per swimmer
- Each week will focus on a different stroke.
- On Friday, coaches will video and review your swimmer’s strokes and provide immediate feedback. The week will also end in relays to build team spirit!
- Registration is limited and is on a first come first serve basis.
- Your reservation for the Stroke Clinic will not be secure until your payment is received by the team Treasurer.
- Registration form that must be sent in with your payment is below.
Clinic registration is closed; clinic is full.